2008年10月7日 星期二

Reaction Article #1: Three Europeans win the 2008 Nobel for medicine

Name: Mickey lee(49712052)
Date: 10/07/2008
From: International Herald Tribune

My reaction:
According to Lawrence K.Altman in ”Three European win the 2008 Nobel for medicine,” in this article three European scientists discovered viruses that cause cervical cancer and AIDS which made them win the Noble prize and they generously share their prizes.

In my opinion I think it is a great achievement for humanity. Because in the past few years AIDS is the most horrible disease which no any medical treatment can cure this disaster and cervical cancer is also an incurable illness that many women were suffer from. Even now in 2008 there still a lot of family or individual person who are stuck in this miserable situation, however, thanks to these great heroes that cure AIDS and cervical cancer are no longer an unreachable goal. Another thing I think should be praised and admired is that they don’t regard this accomplishment as their own success. They think that they only step on the shoulder of past experience and gather the knowledge from those who also made efforts in helping humanity in the past time. So they generously share their reward. Besides the benefits they bring to medical world this should be also praised widely

This article remind me of my grandfather who has been apoplexy three four years ago. Whenever I recall the memory that my grandpa fell down the dinner table I feel terrible. Though he can walk and talk better now day, he become pessimistic. Fortunately my family always stands by him to make him know that we won’t discard him. The cure or the remedy is not really the key for patient to fight against the disease. What it really matter is the spiritual support. Because when the virus occupy our bodies our mind will deeply sink into an unhappy whirlpool thinking that maybe it is the day I meet god. So if family members immediately give a hand and pull him out it will be the most helpful cure than anything else.
(326)

沒有留言: