2008年12月11日 星期四

Reaction Article #10: Dogs Can Feel Envy, Study Suggests

Reaction Article #10: Dogs Can Feel Envy, Study Suggests
Name: Mickey lee(49712052)
Date:12/10/2008
From: National Geographic News

According to Rebecca Carroll in ” Dogs Can Feel Envy, Study Suggests,” this is the first scientific study to find envy in non-primates affirms what many already know: dogs can get jealous. Even if dogs are not as sensitive to inequality as the primates, it is still a breakthrough in the scientific field.

In my opinion, dogs which have been referred to be the best friends of human are now found can be jealous that it can have a really big influence on the interaction between man and this faithful creature. I think it is quite interesting because as you see dogs are actually more emotional than other animal except primates. Some times you even can read they are happy or not through there facial expression. So don’t take dogs to be only a stupid animal pet, they can be envy just as human. I have a example for it, one day I was playing ball with my little cousin, and my dog ‘’Tiger’’ came to us with a baseball in its mouth. It swung its tail in order to attract my attention to play ball with it, but it failed. I was too concentrative with my cousin, so I ignored it. Then it left with depression. That night it didn’t have any responds to me whenever I called his name. I learned a lesson from that experience. Dogs’ have their own temper.

Comparing with dogs, human’s jealousy can cause more serious problems. The biggest resource that human argue or fight against each other is jealousy and envy. That can cause many harm between human relationships. If people could understand how to tolerate others it would be a more beautiful world.(281)

沒有留言: